In our tenth episode we talk about value of mentors in our development as woodworkers. Mentoring is an intentional relationship focused around personal and professional skills development of an individual. There were three points of reflection we discussed:
- Humility – I can’t accept the wisdom of a wise man unless I can come to terms with the reality that I still have something to learn
- Investment – You get out what you put into a relationship. Take the first step by investing in them
- Openness – We all have something to offer. Be open to giving of yourself, too
- Is there a skill that you’re interested in learning?
- Who are individuals that can help you with that skill?
- What have you invested in those individuals, or what can you invest?
Be sure to let us know on social media by tagging us and using the hashtag #stayvirtuous so everyone can find the conversation and join in! Especially, those of you that have a different perspective as a full-time or part-time woodworker.
- Jason Craig on Mentoring – http://thosecatholicmen.com/articles/identify-wise-mentor/
Jonathan’s Monstrance Box