In our ninth episode we talk about a few of the patron saints of woodworking:
- Patron Saint: heavenly advocate of a nation, place, craft, activity, class, clan, family or person. Catholics believe that patron saints, having already transcended to the metaphysical, are able to intercede effectively for the needs of their special charges.
- St. Wolfgang of Regensburg (934-994) – Feast Day: October 31
- St. Joseph (father of Jesus) – Feast Days: March 19 (Joseph, Husband of Mary) and May 1 (Joseph the Worker)
- St. Nicholas Owen (1562-1606) – Feast Day: March 22
- Do you have any patron saints or role models in woodworking?
- What did you glean from these saints’ stories?
Be sure to let us know on social media by tagging us and using the hashtag #stayvirtuous so everyone can find the conversation and join in! Especially, those of you that have a different perspective as a full-time or part-time woodworker.